Prototyping with LPKF ProtoMat systems
LPKF Laser & Electronics' benchtop prototyping systems produce high-performance boards that match or exceed the quality of outsourced PCB prototypes. With an LPKF ProtoMat® PCB milling machine, prototype PCBs can be made and tested within a single day - without the use of hazardous and messy chemical etching tanks. Any problems with the initial design can be identified early, allowing for revisions 2 & 3 to be completed in the same day!
"Thanks to our LPKF ProtoMat we took a project that should have taken 10 weeks and did it in only one week."
— Paul Clark from Honeywell C&K Systems
LPKF PCB prototyping systems work directly from CAD data which provides the necessary versatility needed for working on a multitude of various projects, from PCBs to RF enclosures, contour routing, controller housings, faceplates, signs, inspection templates, test fixtures, and even solder paste stencils.
- Reduce R&D time, and thus overall time-to-market
- Keep designs confidential and in-house
- Freedom to create and experiment quickly and inexpensively
- Rework, adjust, trim and tune existing PCB's
- Compatibility to any CAD program using standardized file formats
- Mill, drill, and route - the ProtoMat® functions as a PCB router and circuit tracer
- Convenience right in your own lab
Features and options
- Automatic tool change - start your project and come back to a finished board
- Fiducial positioning camera - automatic alignment and reload
- Vacuum table - secures thin or wavy materials
- Through-hole plating
- Multilayer lamination
- Auxiliary SMT assembly equipment (pick & place, stencil printer, and reflow oven)
What does it mean for me?
- Multiple applications allow for uses across multiple departments.
- High-mix versatility whether you make one product or hundreds.
- Easily scalable redundancy: multiple machines at various locations, all speaking the same language.
- Quicker prototyping cycles means getting to market before the competition.
- Have a completed prototype in the same time it takes to complete requisition paperwork for outsourcing.
Laser processing of double sided PCB including through hole plating
We are glad to answer any questions you may have regarding your PCB prototyping projects.