We'll take a closer look.
even for your industry sector
Plastic joints in production
Just the right machine for your application
What plastic components would you like to join?
Packaging, an Electronic Component, or a Watch? Toys, a Ship’s Interior, or Designer Furniture?
Laser transmission welding is used for many everyday objects made of plastic, as it offers a host of advantages:
- Precise weld seams in visible areas
- Invisible weld seams through clear-clear joints
- Absolute imperviousness of weld seams up to IP67
- Ability to join complex 3D components and large free-form components
- Possibility of welding particularly thin materials, such as foils
- Welding of particularly small materials with seam widths in the micrometer range
- Flexibility for production planning when there are special requirements for hygiene
Manufacturers of consumer goods profit from laser plastic welding for multiple reasons: It reduces scrap, increases visual quality, and – with a suitable process design – saves hard cash through an economical production process. No matter whether as series production on the production line, as a small series, or as a prototype.
We will focus on your prodcuts
- Material: Different materials can be welded with varying degrees of success. We are very familiar with plastics and will be glad to advise you when it comes to selecting materials.
- Shape and geometry: Even complex contours can be traced using the laser. Let’s talk about your ideas.
- Size: Does the component you want to weld range from 100 mm x 100 mm to 1000 mm x 750 mm x 400 mm in size? If so, we may already have a solution for your joining task.
We are interested in your challenge and would like to work together with you to resolve your demanding tasks.
Perfect for (almost) every plastic joint: Our products for your application
Components of different sizes can be joined using the LPKF system for laser plastic welding.
- Fittings, taillights, and coverings are regarded as large and medium-sized components in the LPKF system.
- Housings, containers, valves, and switches are medium-sized to small components, depending on the design.
- If the dimensions “do not fit” or if other parameters such as special supply lines need to be taken into account, LPKF will prepare specific solutions with an integration option.
Economical series production of large components with PowerWeld 3D 8000, PowerWeld 6600
Directly integrated into your production line for high-volume series: e.g. InlineWeld 6600
The LPKF systems of the PowerWeld 2000/2600 or PowerWeld 6600 series are the machines of choice for your series production of plastic valves, housings and the like.
Compact laser systems for integration directly into your series production line, e.g. InlineWeld 6200: high system performance, low investment volume
For special requirements of a production environment, you can obtain customized solutions on request, for example with regard to geometry and size or the feeding of components. There are solutions available for individual combinations of specific lasers, beam guidance and/or control up to robot islands.
Ask us about the Series 9000