Laser depaneling for PCBA / EMS
Stress-free, clean cutting of populated rigid and flexible PCBs
Process advantages due to laser technology
Compared with conventional tools, laser processing offers a compelling series of advantages.
- The laser process is completely software-controlled. Varying materials or cutting contours are easily taken into account through adaptation of the processing parameters and laser paths. There is no need to factor in retooling times during a change of production.
- No appreciable mechanical or thermal stresses occur. Even sensitive substrates can thus be precisely processed.
- The laser beam merely requires a few µm as a cutting channel. More components can thus be placed on a panel.
- The new LPKF CleanCut technology creates absolutely clean and distortion-free cutting channels – setting a new benchmark in the depaneling industry.
A new benchmark in the depaneling industry
Your benefits with LPKF's new CleanCut and short pulse technologies
LPKF's CleanCut technology works in the optimum pulse duration range for PCB material processing. Within the short pulse regime the pulse duration plays a major role in processing efficiency. Industrial applications in which the total processing time is important benefit significantly from using specialized laser technology.
LPKF's CleanCut technology provides clean cuts without delamination and with carbonization reduced to the absolute minimum – creating ideal conditions for RF applications due to perfect electrical insulation.
The CleanCut technology allows for higher processing speed coupled with improved cutting quality. In addition, process costs are driven down through the elimination of the intensive cleaning steps.
CleanCut technology from LPKF stands for a very gentle production process. It is associated with a very small heat-affected zone (HAZ) and virtually no mechanical stress for the PCB. This paves the way to a higher yield in production.
No delamination, carbonization or burr formation in the cutting of FPCBs.
Beam size of < 20 microns with minimum thermal input allows tighter PCB spacing, which means more PCBs per panel, preserving precious space.
The laser process is completely software-controlled, and the laser beam merely requires a few µm as a cutting channel. This provides great creative freedom in the design. Almost any cutting shape can be produced with minimum radii.
Integration in product lines
Integrated SMEMA interfaces and a proven handling system allow the LPKF laser depaneling systems to be integrated into the customers’ own production lines, where they help the production managers: The laser system can cut any contours without mechanical conversions and can accommodate production runs with high variance.
Consulting and sample support
LPKF’s mission is to provide a long-term, trusting business relationship with all of our customers. We engage potential customers by offering to process custom sample panels. This initial panel evaluation is to assure all parties that the LPKF laser will meet the potential customer’s requirements for cycle-time, accuracy, precision and quality.
Learn more about our global service network with fast response times in the service section. Various concepts for extended warranty and care-free maintenance contracts are available.
Choose from the LPKF system portfolio
Various laser options and levels of system capabilities allow you to find the right balance between cost and quality. Both for special applications and for high-volume production, LPKF laser processing equipment is highly productive.
- The systems work as standalone units or as components of fully integrated production lines.
- The systems can be adapted to various handling requirements of the electronics industry.
- Portfolio includes UV lasers, green lasers, and IR lasers.
- LPKF MicroLine systems work with pulse durations in the nanosecond range.
- LPKF PicoLine systems work with pulse durations in the picosecond range.
The PicoLine 3000 systems feature short pulse laser sources with CleanCut technology. The outstanding compact systems are optimized for clean, high-precision, high-speed cutting tasks. The PicoLine 3000 is available as standalone system and can be integrated in production lines.
The LPKF PicoLine 5000 series enables the processing of PCB panels up to 533 mm x 610 mm x 11 mm / 21” x 24” x 0.43” (X x Y x Z). The PicoLine 5000 systems feature short pulse laser sources with CleanCut technology.
The field proven LPKF MicroLine 2000 systems feature UV-laser sources. This makes them a multipurpose tool for the pcb industry.
The MicroLine 5000 laser systems are the perfect solution for drilling and cutting rigid and flexible PCB materials with a working range of 533 mm x 610 mm x 11 mm / 21” x 24” x 0.43” (X x Y x Z)