Full-time, 38 hours per week
As of now
We are seeking a bioinformatician / data scientist to build up a development team for our single cell platform ARRALYZE.
The ideal candidate holds at least a master's degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or related fields, or a degree in biological sciences with demonstrated experience in computational biology/bioinformatics. Practical experience in the area of high-throughput cell screening experiments or automated analysis of cell assays is a plus. The candidate plays a crucial role towards developing and positioning our platform as a leading solution for single cell experiments. The candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment. This position offers the opportunity to play a decisive role in shaping the success for our single cell platform ARRALYZE.
- Build up a software development team with the focus on bioinformatics, data analysis and machine learning to fully leverage the potential of our platform.
- Support the application of imaging and analysis technologies as part of high-content imaging for assay development and screening projects in the area of single cell experiments.
- Perform research with a focus on image processing and related data interpretation, oversee related workflows, and contribute significantly to the complex analysis of scientific data.
- As part of multi-disciplinary project teams, provide expert knowledge to plan and conduct experiments, develop image analysis strategies and procedures, perform statistical interpretation and guide image acquisitions, microscopy work and subsequent data analysis.
- Show excellent data visualization, presentation, and communication skills to strengthen the overall portfolio of commonly applied methodologies within the group.
- Master’s degree or PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, biological sciences with demonstrated experience in bioinformatics or equivalent qualification is a must have.
- Deep expertise in at least one programming language.
- Sound understanding of microscopic principles, the use of fluorescence techniques and the principles of automated image analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge in advanced data analysis methods for biostatistics, multivariate data analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Curiosity, love for science and interest working in teams of diverse scientific and cultural background.
- Fluency in English is a must, German would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills across different disciplines.
Other Job Details
- Location of employment will be Garbsen/Germany in the greater Hanover area
- Hanover is the capital city of Lower Saxony with an international airport and excellent connection to the German highspeed train network and highway system
- For international hires we are prepared to offer a relocation assistance
- 38-hour week with full-time employment
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days paid vacation
- Free benefits, e.g. fruit, juice, coffee, gym
- Possibility to use a company bicycle
- Company pension plan, contribution to capital-forming benefits
- Modern working environment with state-of-the-art technology
- Thorough initial training in a friendly team
- Fun at work and beyond through various events, e.g. participation in the company run, dragon boat race, skiing, Christmas party, after-work events and much more
We look forward to receiving your application, stating your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations!